Alpapart is a group of five hotel complexes made up of 144 apartments and located in the heart of the Alps, in the ski resorts of Tignes and La Rosière. The group’s philosophy is to offer guests the independence of an apartment combined with the services offered by a hotel.
As a long-term client of LoungeUp, Alpapart was looking to go further in digitalising its guest relationship. Pauline, the Residence Manager, explains the reasoning behind their decision to dematerialise the guest journey:
« LoungeUp saves us enormous amounts of time when completing administrative and repetitive procedures (sending pre-stay emails, reminders…), allowing us instead to direct our focus onto the guest relationship.”
Establishing the right balance of digital relations allows the reception to bypass low-value administrative procedures, freeing up more time to personalise the guest’s arrival and ensure that all goes smoothly.
A holidaymaker organising his stay will be happy to register online, especially if it means avoiding waiting at reception on arrival: «the email opening rate before arrival amounts to around 90%, which is extremely high!», says Pauline.
The pre-stay period is also the perfect opportunity to generate additional sales and increase guest value. Some of the Alpapart residences generate up to 13€ per email sent before arrival! The form’s 70% completion rate clearly demonstrates the power of upselling and guests’ desire to enhance their stay at that time, in the comfort of their own home.
The group recently added its CRM solution (LoungeUp Guest Profile), enabling them to manage group-wide guest segmentation and fine-tune the experience for each guest. Across the entirety of their network, they can manage the guest journey from A to Z as well as monitor guest satisfaction:
«We also use the solution for satisfaction questionnaires, managing to achieve a return rate of around 50%. The processing/analysis of responses is considerably easier to do than with our old paper forms», explains Pauline.
Their loyalty rate also amounts to 70% which clearly demonstrates the group’s readiness to assist guests during their stay, ensuring they continue to return in years to come.
Alpapart recently reached out for LoungeUp’s help with the installation of a mobile guest portal across their network of residences. Guests can use this web and mobile app to access services and information about the hotel complex they’re staying in:
- Information about the Alpapart group (the group’s residences, their history, values, ecological policies)
- The welcome booklet in mobile format (info on managing keys, access codes…)
- The residence’s services (spa treatment reservations, restaurant bookings, boutique, housekeeping, laundry room, ski lockers, parking…)
- Ski pass reservations or ski rentals
- The ski resort (slopes by level of difficulty, recommendations)
- Partner companies (skishop, escape game…)
- Weather (weekly forecast and webcams)
The aim is simple: to provide all the information guests need over the course of their stay via their mobile phone, which they have with them at all times.
In addition to facilitating access to the residence’s services, the guest portal allows holidaymakers to chat directly with reception. On the operational side, the messaging hub optimises guest request management to allow staff to reply to messages and booking requests as quickly as possible.
Some key figures
- The year the solution was implemented : 2017
- 90% of guests open pre-stay email campaigns
- 70% of guests complete the pre-check-in form
- Total average opening rate for all campaigns: 88%
- Average upsell between 1.50€ and 6.30€ per client (and up to 13€)